If you want to feel relaxed and workout all at one time then Bridge Posture is perfect for you. Another great thing about this posture is that you can make it as hard or easy as you need to without feeling like you didn’t give it your all.
- Strengthens the back, buttocks, and hamstrings
- Stretches the chest, neck, and spine
- Calms the brain and helps alleviate stress and mild depression
- Stimulates abdominal organs, lungs, and thyroid
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Relieves menstrual discomfort when done supported
- Reduces fatigue, anxiety, and insomnia
- Rejuvenates tired legs
How to achieve Bridge Poature:
- Start by lying on your back. Bend both knees and place the feet flat on the floor hip width apart.
- Press your feet into the floor. On the inhale lift the hips and buttocks up parallel towards the ceiling and roll your spine off the floor.
- Press down into the arms and shoulders to lift your chest up towards the ceiling.
- Keep your knees directly over the heels, but push them forward, away from the hips
- Clasp the hands below your pelvis and extend through the arms to help you stay on the tops of your shoulders.
If you’re looking to practice Bridge Posture, other basics postures or you want to go through a longer sequence, check out my YouTube channel. Follow along with the challenge on Instagram. Show how this posture works for you and post your challenge photo. Make sure to use the hashtags #yogawithmatr3moni #yogachallengewithmatr3moni
If you are interested in one-on-one sessions to learn more about your body, gaining flexibility, and creating a healthier lifestyle by adding yoga you can make an appointment with Matr3Moni.