Sometimes you just need a hug and no one knows how you need it but you. What I love about the Wind releasing posture is that it’s on your back and it’s also a giant hug to yourself all at the same time. Don’t get it twisted though, just as the name suggests, you can and most likely will release some wind.
- combats gas and bloating
- eases tension in the lower back
- strengthen the back and abdominal muscles
- tones legs and arms muscles
How to achieve Wind Releasing Posture:
- Lie on your back
- Bend both knees and bringing your thighs into your abdomen.
- Keep your knees and ankles together.
- Hug your knees into your chest by bringing your arms around your legs
- Clasp your hands together or hold your elbows.
- You can do both legs or one leg at a time
- Relax your face and jaw
If you’re looking to practice Wind Releasing Posture, other basics postures or you want to go through a longer sequence, check out my YouTube channel. Follow along with the challenge on Instagram. Show how this posture works for you and post your challenge photo. Make sure to use the hashtags #yogawithmatr3moni #yogachallengewithmatr3moni
If you are interested in one-on-one sessions to learn more about your body, gaining flexibility, and creating a healthier lifestyle by adding yoga you can make an appointment with Matr3Moni.